Basic Knife Skills
November 12, 2020
Salt Lake Culinary Education
An essential class for beginners as well as those who may want to refresh their skills. The fundamental skill needed to cook and prepare food is proper knife work.
SLICE’s Chef will go in depth into this fundamental skill needed to cook and prepare food.
- How to choose the right knife for you
- How to keep a sharp edge on your knife
- How to properly grip a knife
- What knife is right for the job you are doing
- Fundamentals of knife work-slice, dice, mince…
- Enjoy cooking a dish from the foods students have practiced on
Once you master proper knife skills, cooking will become easier and more fun.
*Please be on time, in comfortable attire and closed toe shoes and face masks are REQUIRED.
Please note that we no not offer refunds but honor a 72 hour cancellation policy in order to reschedule your class reservation or receive store credit.