Culinary School in Utah
Professional, Fast, Affordable. | Nationally-Recognized Culinary Arts Certificate
50% OFF CULINARY SCHOOL TUITION AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!
Thanks to the Shop In Utah Grant, we are able to provide financial aid a select number of our future students. The next 10 culinary school students to enroll in our professional culinary school course will receive a 50% discount on your Culinary School Tuition! Learn to cook from our certified staff of professional chef’s over our custom 12 week course and leave prepared for wherever your cooking dreams lead you!
Click below to start your application or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
In just 12 short weeks, you’ll be ready to walk onto the line, in any professional kitchen or restaurant, anywhere in the world. Our professional culinary school will help you no matter what kind of chef you want to become. Our local Utah chefs will help make your cooking dreams come true. Apply now for our discounted culinary cooking school tuition here in Utah and launch your cooking career!
Salt Lake Culinary School Curriculum
- Certified Cooking School Instructors
- 180 hours of hands-on kitchen lab time
- 55 hours of lecture and demonstration time
- 40 hours of mini-internship time in working kitchens and networking with industry professionals
- 25 hours of dedicated recipe planning, break down, and implementation
- 15 hours of in-the-field connections with local culinary artisans and food purveyors
- Extracurricular activities above and beyond the core curriculum are available and encouraged
- High school diploma or GED
- Food handler’s permit
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Interview with SLICE directors
- Non-refundable enrollment fee $60
No prior culinary experience required. Message for assistance with these requirements.
Culinary School Details
Tuition is normally $9,800 and includes the following.
- 12 Week In-Person Culinary School
- 1 “On Cooking” Textbook
- Unlimited Access to the SLICE online video library of Cooking Tutorials & Recipes
- 2 Custom Embroidered Chef Coats
- 1 Pair of Fitted Kitchen Pants
- 1 Chef’s Kitchen Beanie
- 1 (7 piece) Wüsthof Knife Roll
Program Also Includes:
- Recipe concepting and development
- Menu creation strategies
- Pricing systems and kitchen profitability
- Kitchen organization and management
- Industry networking and relationship building skills
SLICE offers the fastest, most affordable path to a professional culinary arts certificate
- No unnecessary classes or counting credit hours
- Centrally-located learning center in Salt Lake City
- Nationally-recognized certificate
- American Culinary Federation ™ Currently seeking recognition by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation as an ACFEF-Approved Program
- Most affordable ACF certificate program in Utah
- Financial aid available to qualified students
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Professional Certification in the Culinary Arts program is $9800. It includes all of the equipment, materials, books, knives, and uniforms required for the program.
The Professional Certificate in Culinary Arts program takes 12 weeks to complete.
During the 12 week program, students get hands-on instruction, classroom education, real-world kitchen experience, networking opportunities with local food purveyors and restauranteurs, and additional opportunities for additional off-site experiences.
The primary differences between a culinary arts certificate and a culinary arts diploma are the length of time required and tuition costs.
Certificates and diplomas are suited for different kinds of students:
- A culinary arts certificate is ideal for the student who wants an affordable professional-level culinary education in the shortest amount of time possible.
- A culinary arts diploma is better suited for the student who wants additional classes such as Elements of Effective Communication and Human Relations, has 2 or 4 years to invest, and up to $60,000 to spend on a culinary degree.
Many culinary institutes offer school-based certification programs, but we offer certification from the ACF, a nationally-recognized organization with well-known standards for culinary excellence.
ACF certification is a standard of professional competency and a symbol of professionalism. It carries more credibility than just a certificate from a local culinary institute.
We offer our professional culinary institute students the opportunity to acquire the ACF CC® – Certified Culinarian® certification or the ACF CFC® – Certified Fundamentals Cook® Certificates. The cost for our students to take the proctored written and practical exams for either of these programs is included in the program.
We have access to several scholarship and grant opportunities as well as private funding options for your culinary education.
Whether you want to become a professional chef, food and beverage director, start a restaurant or food truck, write a cookbook, or impress your family and friends with your culinary skills, there are many opportunities to use your culinary education after graduation.
There is a shortage of qualified culinarians in Utah, and we’re approached every week by potential employers, looking for qualified and eager employees.
We provide our students with networking opportunities and introductions during their education to help provide them with options and opportunities for their careers after graduation.
To date, every professional culinary institute graduate who wanted a culinary position received an offer of employment.
- Download and complete an application
- Verify your high school graduation or GED status
- Two letters of recommendation
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Enrollment interview with the SLICE Institute Director and/or Chef Instructors
We are an “ACFEF (ACF Educational Foundation) Recognized Quality Program*,” and Rich Sheya, SLICE General Manager, is an “ACF Certified Program Director.”
We do not offer an online culinary arts education program.
It’s our position that culinary education is best in a face-to-face, knife-to-block environment. In-person instruction creates the best opportunity for learning the correct culinary skills and techniques. Online culinary school also prevents students from opportunities to network and test out their skills in live kitchens.
Apply Today to receive
your 50% tuition grant!
Please fill out the form below to receive a your exclusive grant.