I have been making this recipe for years! It’s a traditional family recipe that always makes an appearance at Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. They make for a great picnic finger food as well and are a backyard, summertime staple.
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons pickle juice (I like dill pickle juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- Chopped fresh chives
- Slice eggs in half and remove the yolk to a separate bowl
- Using a fork, break up the yolks until there are no large pieces
- Add the salt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of the pickle juice. Mix well until there are no lumps. Mixture should not be runny, but if it is too thick, add more pickle juice. Mix until well blended and creamy texture.
- Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture using a spoon or piping bag.
- Sprinkle yolk mixture with Chipotle powder and chopped chives
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
By Diane Sheya